Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: music downloading is not the problem with the music industry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    music downloading is not the problem with the music industry

    I don't download free music unless it is offered by the artist for a sample of a new album but I think a lot of artist are using downloading as a crutch when they put out weak albums. The latest guilty of this is OZZY himself, crying because his album isn't selling and he has to do 90 tour dates to recoupe money lost. really, has he done anything solid since No More Tears?

    case in point. When you have an artist put out a cd that people care about they go buy it. The new EAGLES cd sold over 700,000 copies the frist week only at Wal-Mart. And I know I'm preaching to the choire here but put out quality music that people want and you fix most of your problems. All this here today gone tomorrow music is what has help tear down the music industry. 2 good songs on an album is what helped bring the music industry to it's knees. charging .99 per song or if you have a 10 song cd you are looking at $10 downloaded with not case, no booklet with pics and liner notes is a rip-off. You should pay no more that .50 for a song download.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: music downloading is not the problem with the music industry

    Ozzy hasn't put out a bad album since no more tears..come to think of it, he has never as a solo artist. And he tours yearly..and extends his tour when he has a new album out. If they wanna make a killing, they could offer real CD quality (1100kbs not 96-320 kbs like they claim on download sites as being "cd quality") downloads for .25-.33 cents...and they would take off cuz you can't find that quality unless you download FLAC files..and then you have all the issues converting them. There is where they could make their money...and they know it, the companies are just to greedy to do it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •